How long do I have to return the goods ?
NORMAL RETURN PERIOD:
All items must be returned within the time period stated below:
- Fully priced items: 28 days
- Reduced items & sale items: 14 days
- All exchanges: 14 days
- Due to hygiene reasons, earrings are non-returnable.
Items reduced with a voucher code are counted as normal items and benefit from a 28 days returns as long as the original price was not already reduced or on sale. If the item was already reduced before you used a voucher code, the 14 days return policy prevails.
How do I return the goods ?
- If you wish to exchange an item: please contact us either via our contact form, our email address: or telephone +44(0) 1256 351 283 at your earliest opportunity of receiving the item with your order number. This will allow us to reserve your exchange, stock permitting. We always email you back to acknowledge your exchange request. If you do not see any reply from us, please check your spam folder.
- Under your statutory rights, you have a duty of care to ensure that the returned goods are in a resellable condition. As such, all items must be unworn with original labels still attached on. Please do not remove these product tags while trying the item on or regretfully your request will be refused. All our tags are unpriced so ideal for items bought as gifts.
In no circumstances, items soiled, mis-used, stained and/or smelling of smoke, sweat, perfume or else or washed, or with original tags taken off will be accepted for refunds or exchanges.
- Please ensure that the item is returned in its original packaging, is adequately wrapped and sealed and is properly addressed.
- All items returned by you are at your own risk and we therefore strongly recommend you obtaining a proof of posting (free from the post office) and using a traceable and secure delivery agent e.g Signed For via Royal Mail. You will need to pay for postage to return your parcel to us. The Nautical Company cannot be responsible in the event your returned parcel goes missing in the post. We regret that any resulting shipping cost cannot be refunded.
- Please do not send any item(s) back to our office without any postage paid. In the event, you send your goods back to our office without any postage paid and The Nautical Company is fined by Royal Mail as a consequence, we reserve the right to deduct the fine value from your refund or charge you for the amount whatever form applies. The Royal Mail stamp with our return address used to dispatch your parcel is NOT a free tracked returns stamp.
All returns are at customers' cost. You will need to pay for your returned postage.
All returns must be sent to the address stated on your invoice. Your invoice is to be found in the plastic Enclosed Documents envelope on your parcel. In the event you have lost your invoice, please phone us or email us and we will retrieve your details with your email address and/or full name.
How long will it take to get a refund ?
All refunds are made within 7 working days to the same payment method as the original order once the item has been received to our office. Should the business be closed for holidays, refunds will be issued soon after our re-opening date. You will be kept informed by email on the day the refund is processed via our card processing partner, Worldpay.
Please note that if you have paid with an American Express card, with regret, we will have to deduct a small fee of 1.9% pro-rata of the amount refunded. This is solely due to the fact that Amex does not refund any transaction fees like Visa and Mastercard do. We do apologise for the inconvenience it may cause. You always have the option of paying by Visa or Mastercard instead.
How can I exchange ?
Please contact us with your exchange request so that we can reserve the item for you while we await for your returned parcel. Then follow the "How do I return the goods ?" information above.
Should you decide for a different item from the one originally purchased, the price difference will be either refunded or added to your original payment method.
All returns are at customers' cost. However, exchanges are posted back free of charge within the UK only. This is limited to one exchange per order.
If you are based outside the UK and wish to exchange an item, please be in touch and we will advise on the shipping cost.
Will you keep me informed ?
Absolutely, we always email customers back to acknowlegde your returns request. In the case of returns, you will receive an email from our card processing gateway, Worldpay, as soon as your refund has been processed by us. It is therefore critical that you ensure your email address is correct at the time you processed your order online. In the case of an exchange, we will also email you on the day of the dispatch of the new item.
What if you have received a faulty item or suspect it to be faulty
Upon reception of your order, please take time to inspect your item (s) and contact us at your earliest opportunity should you have received a faulty item. Please advise us of your order number, along with the name/product code of the item concerned and the details of the problem. We will then instruct you of the procedure to follow.
Please do not return the goods until we have instructed you to do so. No return shipping cost nor goods exchange will take place until the suspected faulty goods are examined by either us or the supplier concerned. Only once the investigation is conclusive of the item being faulty that shipping cost will be refunded. We will either repair, replace or refund the item depending on the individual cases.
We cannot accept an item claimed to be faulty if the appropriate product care instructions (especially with clothing) have not been followed and the damage caused to the product is clearly due to wear and tear or misuse.
I have not received any emails since I placed my order.
As soon as you have placed an order with us from the website, you automatically receive two emails to confirm your order. You also receive a further email message on the day of dispatch. If you have never seen any of these emails, there are two possible reasons: (1) our emails went into your spam folder or (2) you mistyped your email address while placing your order.
We would therefore advise to check your spam/junk mail folder first. If it is a matter of a typo error with your address, best to either phone or email us and we will give you an update on your order.
Feel free to add our email address "sales at thenauticalcompany.com " to your safe contact list for future communication.